Monday, February 26, 2007

Some good news

It is delightful to report that Adrian recieved a job offer for a Supervisor in Training position at Value Village. It pays $14.50 an hour so we can stay in our apartment for a while or search for a new place to live. Most importantly, it gives me a few days rest from the job search so that I can recover from my burn out. I have had interviews at placement agencies and some look promising.

I also had a lovely time with my mother after one of the interviews. We met up for lunch and went shopping (although I knew that I should have rested it was still fun). I also had a lovely dinner with my extended family for Chinese New Year and it was great to see my cousin, Justin, who arrived from California for a weekend visit. We all laughed and shared stories, but the one moment that almost brought Adrian and I to tears is when my Aunt Choi and Christine gave Adrian the little red envelopes. Adrian whispered that he felt like he was adopted so the gesture meant a great deal to us. It is rare that Adrian feels a part of anything, so thank you to my family for that moment. I also want to thank my Aunt Terry and cousin Laura for helping me out with the impending legal matters.

I also love watching the Oscars and it was great to see people who deserve the award were given merit for their craft. I literally screamed with joy when Martin Scorsee won for best director and best picture. He has waited years for that recognition and I am glad the academy finally gave it to him. Perhaps Peter O'Toole and Leo will get their recognition one day too. I guess you could say that watching all the montages reminds me of my true passion - film. It brightens my day. I guess you could also say that watching Marty finally win reminds me that patience truly is a virtue. Things may seem dreary and dark now...and God knows there are moments when death truly feels like the most serene thing in the world, but if I hang in there..all the injustices will fade and I will have my moment of glory.

Well, I must rest now. Talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home