Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Health, Job Hunt and More

It has been a while since I last updated my blog and so there are a few things I have yet to mention.

FRIENDS AND DREAMS
I continue to have these dreams that haunt me at night where I feel that I am vanishing and disappearing from all my loved ones. For some reason, I really feel that I must call Ellen : ) Perhaps it is because I feel that I should be working more on staying in touch with my best friends.

HEALTH
The good news is that the neurologist could not find anything spectacular about my health, but did notice that my balance was off. He made an appointment with the Hearing and Balance Centre at the Toront General Hospital. I went to my physiotherapist (a bit embarrased that I was not strong enough to keep up with the exercises) and he agreed that my right side of the body was affected by a balance problem. I do not walk as well either so he gave me a few exercises to do (which I am also ashamed of not doing due to my painful broken toe).

I went to the Hearing and Balance test and the administrator was scared that my left side did not respond to any stimuli. She poured cold and hot liquids into my ears as well as make me participate in a few sensory exercises all while having electrodes on my face. The right side was greatly disturbed by the cool water and I felt like I was spirialing up and down through a black abyss while spinning in all diferent directions. The left ear felt nothing, but a few moments of uncomfortable water. She said that there is something wrong with the left part of my brain and therefore that is why I suffer problems on the right side, but I will know more details in two weeks.

JOB HUNT
Adrian and I gave our termination notice of our apartment lease just in case we cannot land a job by the end of March. I have an interview tomorrow and he has had four lately, including one from CIBC.

CARTOONS
I am most happy when I am around Adrian. He takes care of me despite my crying fits and there are times when I feel like we are children once again. We play games together and lately we have watched a few cartoons Wally burned for us. They are all from our childhood and they range from Transformers, Robotech, Voltron, Star Wars Ewocks, Heman, She-Ra, and my favorite Gummi Bears *starts singing the show tune*

THE SAGA CONTINUES
I went to my doctor to refill my prescription for my anti-depressants and to get my doctor to sign my E.I. form. The E.I has made a decision on part of my claims and will give me money from December to February for my illness, but is unsure about my quitting. I was asked by E.I to write a detailed letter as the E.I lady seemed quite outraged by the antics at the board and union.

My doctor was so outraged that he called the Human Rights Commission. The Human Rights Commission told me I had to speak with the head office at OECTA, then write a letter to the Labour Relations department, contact a lawyer and then come back to the Human Rights. The lady at the HR finds the whole situation appalling and wants me to take some serious measures to make it right.

LAST WORDS
Although it is true that I am suicidal at times and do cry, it is often Adrian that rushes towards me with words of comfort and warm hugs to reassure me that all will be well. I still have to believe that all will be well in the end and to continue singing, smiling and hopefully one day dancing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

I don't know if you remember me but the last time you called me was Sepember 2005 for a senior math position. It's Patsy, the chinese girl who we used to hang around in gr 9 - OAC. Anyways, I got your site from Mary and finally found you. I heard you are getting marry, so congratulations! Wish you can give me your msn and catch up abit!

Cheers,
Patsy

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi amanda,
how are things
don't see you on the net much
i don't know if you want to talk but i wanted to say hi and see how you were doing
i've read some of the site but i guess i more wanted to hear your voice
i hope you msn me sometimes :o)
i know that we aren't very close but i still care about you and think about you and what you're doing
i hope you didn't mind me giving your site to patsy
Mare (Mary-Lynn)
email me sometime
Mare

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home