Saturday, December 09, 2006

Good News

It's delightful when life seems more promising and looking brighter.

MY FAMILY LIFE

My father showed Adrian and I the Italian exhibit at the ROM and took us through the Egyptian, Animal, Native and China galleries last Saturday. It was great to see the changes they made to the museum and to spend time with my two favorite men : ) My mother also stopped by to give me some hats, scarves and mitts. She also drove Adrian and I to No Frills so that we could buy water and later drove me to the hospital and to my union meeting. It was great to spend time with my family last night as my father showed me pictures of Egypt and I watched TV with my mom. She even cooked us dinner. : )

MY HEALTH
I received the test results from my blood and urine test along with the ECG. All medical records prove I am in perfect health. There is nothing wrong with me. I also went to the Psychiatrist and he said I do not have a filter in my brain and should not take what the people at work say seriously. He did say the teaching profession is depressing and I will have to take anti-depressants if I choose to stay within the profession. He liked my idea of applying to college for the January and September 2007 intake. He says that I would be much healthier and happier once I leave teaching. I also believe my CAT scan will be a success, which means I now have proof from a family physician, psychiatrist and CAT scan that the allegations against me are false.

COLLEGE LIFE
I applied for the Marketing Management and Corporate Communications & Public Relations program at Centennial College for the January 2007 intake. The first semester of the Marketing program teaches us about Business Presentations, different types of marketing including international and interactive marketing, research and analysis. The second semester deals with customer relations, sales management, and strategic marketing.

The Corporate Communications and Public Relations program deals with corporate communications, graphics, PR writing, copy editing, Canadian business opportunities, media, event management, web publishing, client projects, communication management and other courses.

I am also applying for the Corporate Communications program at Seneca which features similar courses, but there is more emphasis on negotiations and periodical writing. I also applied for Broadcast Television and something else related to the media/film/tv, but I do not think I will get into those programs.

I am most excited about the programs offered in Sept 2007, which include Legal and Corporate Administration at Seneca, Arts Administration and Cultural Management at Humber, International Business at Sheridan, Book and Magazine Publishing at Seneca and I think Advertising - Media Sales at Humber.

The Books and Magazine Publishing seems well rounded, because it includes courses on copyright law, advertising, editing, marketing, sales, publishing and design. The Legal course takes me through Corporate, contract, real estate, litigation, IP and sec law. It also goes through different forms of writing and transactions.

CHOICES
I had a lengthy meeting with my union where my mother waited in the cold car for an hour and then an additional hour in the cold lobby before waiting ten more minuites in the union lobby. We were open and frank..and I am not too sure he has ever seen me so passionate or assertive before. He traced my life back to the Hollywood International Film Festival when I was 20 years old and wanted to become an IP lawyer to my time in Australia in hopes of understanding what went wrong in my teaching profession. I kept demanding to know exactly what has been said about me and what the board believes to be the main issue with me. I wanted documentation and proof of these allegations, but in the end he told me that no such thing exists. They never used the phrase filter in the brain - he did. They never focused on the incompetency argument or gave him a list of "the facts" that proved I was an inadequate worker. They never told him anything really except make my situation seem really serious and grave. Now I have three options.

(a) Resign. My teaching certificate remains in good standing and nothing happens to me.
(b) Ask for a list of complaints made against me and then have an informal meeting between him and the administration or me, him and the administration where we discover the root of the problem. Then decide whether I choose a or c.
(c) go back to work and set up a meeting to do my first performance appraisal. I deliver a lesson to my class, Principal and an objective third party like my friend or co-worker. The Principal evaluates the lesson and gives me an unsatisfactory, satisfactory, good or exemplary. If I recieve an unsatisfactory, the principal must provide a list of errors, ways to improve and resources to help me improve. They give me a second evaluation and if I fail that one too, I am terminated.

Now the catch is if I decided to go with the appraisal process, I cannot quit after an unsatisfactory rating without completing my second evaluation. I would loose my certificate to teach and my licence goes out the window.

I spoke about the issue with Adrian and he just wants me to be happy and what is best for me. He thinks option b or a might be best, because I can always return to teaching if I want to and still be happy. My mother is leaning towards option c. I know that any option would make me happy and sad.

If I chose a, I would be happy to leave teaching and not return to a profession where I need to take medication just to pay for our rent, bills and wedding. I would be sad, because we would have to watch our money more closely and the wedding would be postponed until further notice.

If i chose c, I would be happy that the financial strain is over and I can pay back part of my line of credit, get married and still pay for my half of the rent and bills. I would be sad, because I would need to take the meds just to make the working conditions slightly tolerable and I would have to become a mute and end all personal interactions with my co-workers. The union and I agreed that no one can be trusted at my work.

TV
I enjoy watching tv now as I have also become hooked on The Biggest Loser and Heroes. I still watch a lot of comedies and some thrillers as well as read books. I also began looking for jobs and started catching up with my interest in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home