Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I would also like for people to join me in my prayer for God to keep all the homeless people warm and safe during the holidays, bring good health to the sick, that people who have lost thier loved ones find happiness and solace, and that he keeps an eye on our loved ones. Now here's the update:

SAY GOODBYE TO AN INSANE TWO YEARS OF TEACHING
I had a meeting with my union and administration where the Principal and two Vice Principals listed 41 complaints against me. If you were to sum up the complaints, you could say I was reprimanded for following the textbook, course profiles and my department head suggestions. I resigned one week later, because my union representive predicted one more year of hell with teacher performance appraisals, arbritrations and other court meetings. I cleared out my office on Friday and John gave me the engagement photos he took at the school when Adrian proposed and Pauline said a few kind words. As it stands right now, I am still in good standing wtih the Ontario College of Teachers and I keep my certificate if I ever want to return to the education field.

SAY HELLO TO POSSIBLE COURT ROOM DRAMA
My doctor was appalled that my union rep did not allow me to go on a long term disability and thought he did not do a good job of representing me. He gave me the name of a lawyer and there could be a possible civil suit against my department head, administration or union.

ENTERTAINMENT
I saw a wonderfully dark fairytale with allusions to Greco-Roman mythology called Pan's Labyrinth. I won free tickets to a screening and Adrian and I enjoyed it very much. I also went to see a superb show called Songs of my Heart by Andre Rieu. It was classical music with a comedic twist and my dad says that was his true christmas.

BOOKS
I just finished Bernard Cornwell's The Pale Horseman and I am looking forward to reading Lords of the North (as soon as i can get my hands on it). I also want to read Krista's christmas gift to me called "I don't know what I want, but I know it's not this: a step by step guide on how to find gratifying work." It is soooooooo perfect!

RELATIONSHIPS
A warm round of applause should go out to Ellen and Mike for their engagement and Adrian and I are still sticking around despite the fact that I had to cancel our Aug 31, 2007 wedding. Adrian would like to postpone it for a year and I would like to see if it is possible to get a private ceremony for the same day.

HEALTH
I went to a physiotherapist after I got into a minor car accident. He gave me some exercises to do. I also strained my muscles when my poor mother went driving around from city to city to help me move the things out of my office. The administration never told me she was coming to get me (despite her leaving two messages with live people - secretary and principal) so I hauled two boxes through the public transit and rain...

that is it for now...
amanda

1 Comments:

Blogger chamomile said...

Merry Christmas, Amanda!
Here's hoping that 2007 will bring us both and everyone around us much joy and happiness. Thank you for the wonderful gifts - I've been enjoying them both already!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home