Wednesday, April 04, 2007

exhaustion or epilepsy?

I use to enter "trances" all the time as a child and would often be found "daydreaming", but most of the time I attributed exhaustion as the reason for the timelapses in my life. For example, I might gaze out the window and stare at the rain washing over the land for what I think is only a second. I look down at my watch and realize an hour has gone by and I have no idea what has happened.

Yesterday, these timelapses were becoming more of a problem. I was sitting on the VIVA and heard the announcement for Centre Street and knew I had to get off on the next stop, Royal Orchard. The next thing I knew I was heading towards Richmond Hill and had to get off and backtrack.

I also sat on the subway coming home and I looked out the window to see Ossington written on the walls. I glanced down at the floor for what I thought was a second and suddenly I heard the announcement for Dundas West. I had to get off there too and back track. I was so confused and had no idea how I got from Ossington to Dundas West.

I usually have a routine where I listen for my stop approaching, ring the bell if I am on a bus OR stand up if I am on the subway, and wait for my stop to come. I had a problem of missing one stop in the past. Now I can't even do that because of these prolonged time lapses. I will book an appointment with my family physician to see if all I really do need is rest or has my withdrawl from the drugs caused epilpetic seizures or in essence, have I always had epilepsy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home