Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekly Update

A VISIT TO THE DOCTOR
I mixed up the dates of my appointment and I finally saw my doctor on Friday. He was not prepared to diagnois me with anything and suggested I see a psychiatrist in the meantime. My appointment is Dec 5, which means I will have to use the rest of my sick pay and eventually go on E.I. He also wants me to stop by every week in order to gather more data so that he can make a better diagnosis after I visit the psychiatrist. I trust him so I agreed.

Adrian was sick last week and so we thought it was best for him to speak with the family doctor as well. The phone rang while the doctor was gathering information on him and it was the school board requesting information on when I would be back. I left the room and spoke in the hallway. I told Cheryl (the woman in the health department who spoke with me last year) the truth and that my next appointment is Dec 5. She seemed pleased with the progress I was making and wanted the preliminary forms to be filled out. I explained that the doctor was not ready yet to give a diagnosis and would prefer to hold onto those forms until he is ready to make a statement about my health. She seemed insistent on the forms so I wandered back into the doctor's room and passed the phone to him. He told her the same thing about how he was not ready to give a statement, but finally caved in to her requests. He finished examining Adrian and then filled out the form muttering about how stupid they were and how it didn't make any sense for him to fill out a form when he didn't know what to say. He told me to come back in a week and so I made my next appointment with him for Friday at noon.

I remembered how worried Cheryl had sounded about notifying the school about when I was returning, because they needed to know whether to continue using a supply teacher. I checked my watch and it was 2:10. I tried calling Wayne about speaking to the school about this new news, but he was on the other line. I simply called the school and said I would be off until Dec 5 and to please continue using Mr. Small until I return.

SPEAKING WITH FRIENDS
It was so great to see Krista two weeks ago after my Italian class and discussing the whole issue with her in a pub. Krista advised me to look into the laws regarding unlawful termination and to keep my options open for wherever my life may lead me. I was happy to hear about the progress she was making in her life and was sad when we had to part. A part of me felt bad that my mother was waiting for me to ring her so that she could pick up the bags in my apartment and another part of me wanted to spend more quality time with Krista.

It was equally delightful to meet up with Frank before his class and sit in the lounge discussing the whole affair. Although I am one who would prefer to speak about more pleasant events, it is always insightful to see what a friend in the profession thinks about the whole ordeal. He agrees that it is a crazy time and that I should pursue a path that makes me happy and does not interfere with my health. He gave me some advise and pointed out that I do appear meek and that I should become more firm in the classroom. I recalled reading about the scientific changes a person could make with their vocal chords and agreed. I also know that is a persona that I will need to fix. The only time I felt bad is when we had to part and I realized we never did eat lunch and I hoped that he had ate before I saw him.

I was excited to spend time with Adrienne yesterday and Adrian commented on how happy I sounded while speaking to her on the phone. I thought about the two of us shopping or having dinner at Yorkdale and the lively discussion we had on the phone about our mothers. She is one of the rare people who truly understand what I am going through so it is great to speak to her about such issues. I just never realized that I was only capable of speaking to her while lying down.

WHAT NEXT...
I plan to take it easy now. I am suppose to rest and continue taking my sleeping pills if necessary. I plan to upload more pictures as I have already finished uploading my Germany album. I want to share my photos of my trip with Ellen and my time in Scotland. I still need to get my Ireland photos. I also want to share more photos of the apartment. I want to continue reading at my own pace and making more handouts on Lives of the Saints. I should spend some more time doing my Italian homework, but for the most part I do plan to lie down, exercise and watch tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home